Friday, February 22, 2002

Two movies, two days. My mom wanted to watch “A Beautiful Mind” right after “I Am Sam” but I can’t handle two movies in a row so we went yesterday. It was decent I guess. I have an aversion to sappy, cheezy, feel good stories, the “triumph of man through love and feelings” kind of movies (you can tell this type of movie by the inspirational orchestral music in the backgrounds of key scenes) but I have to say that Russell Crowe is a great actor. So, with that in mind, I think along with Russell I would put Edward Norton and Brad Pitt in the category of great actors I would go see, irrespective of the type of movie they’re in. Oh yeah, add Samuel L Jackson to that list. Like him too.



And as a secondary list (because I’m not shallow, really): actresses who are hot. (1) Natalie Portman (2) Kristen Kreuk (3) Eliza Dushku (4) Katie Holmes (5) Jennifer Connelly. I think I would toss all my bullshit theories away for any of the above. But then I would only be a shell of a man, but given the circumstances, who cares? If truly, as everyone tells me, that finding the right person will make me toss aside all my misconceptions then I’ll start with this modest list of five as people I would knuckle under for. Big of me isn’t it?



Do you ever think about what you would do if you met a star that you really really liked? I mean, I for sure wouldn’t scream or ask for an autograph. Autographs seem demeaning to me and I personally don’t like bothering the celebrities for them. It’s akin to those people who insist on taking pictures of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel (despite the no pictures signs) just to prove that they, they themselves, have been there. The postcards are much nicer, your pictures will only look like crap, stop snapping away. Pull that camera out of your shirt Hongshin! Ha. Anyway, I think that I’m going to come up with a great way to approach any of the above five, should that bright day(s) ever occur. I want to come off as smart, intelligent, witty, charming, slightly mysterious and not sleazy. So basically I’ll just stare at them mysteriously from a distance, trying my darnest to keep my mouth shut.

0 comments: