Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Just watched “I Am Sam” starring Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer. It is a sad sad movie. Of the twenty people in the audience, I’m sure seventy five percent of them were crying at parts (then again, of the twenty, 17 were probably moms so…..). It’s about this guy who is mentally retarded and how he has to fight to keep custody of his kid (an incredibly cute Dakota Fanning). The acting was wonderful and it was quite a surprise because I’d heard nothing about the movie at all. I actually can’t think of the last time I went into a movie blind because I usually read so much about a movie before going to watch it. Makes me question if we have altogether way too much information about movies nowadays, between the previews, the reviews, the behind-the-scenes specials, the media coverage and all that jazz. I have a great ability to suspend previous knowledge but I haven’t seen a movie with a totally clear conscience in quite a while. I never woulda watched it except my mom wanted to watch “A Beautiful Mind,” which was cancelled and so we watched this instead. Go watch this if you want to feel weepy and sad and happy all at the same time. And Michelle Pfeiffer is beautiful, regardless of how old she is.



Ah, happy birthday buckfutter! (otherwise known as victor)

0 comments: