Tuesday, February 19, 2002

On Sunday, while the rain was pouring down, me, Hong and Victor went downtown to check out a dance show put on by Culture Shock San Diego. It was mad dope to say the least. The only difference that I can discern between most of these dancers and the ones we see in shows and music videos is that these dancers aren’t like physically super hot, otherwise, they dance like no other. It’s sick how tight they are. There was this one all male group called Formality that pulled out a little boy to dance with them. Needless to say, they rocked the house (they also won the most recent UC Irvine competition) and that little kid was amazing. Nuts. Dance Mix is gonna be so crazy.



One thing about I realized watching Culture Shock perform was that Michigan is the last time really that anyone will have the chance to dance/ perform in front of large audiences. I mean, Culture Shock is basically pro-level and they pulled in a nice amount but it was only about 400 or so people. It’s overwhelming to realize that at Mich, depending on the venue, there are sometimes a thousand people in the audience. That’s sad because….well, all the old people know, it just doesn’t get any better than that.



On the plus front, I went to get my knee checked out today and I’ll have to get a MRI on it. The doctor thinks that it’s cartilage and if so, my diabolical plans will work out to perfection. I’ll be in SD until early March and then a trip to Boston for a week. A few days after, I can have a knee scope, after that I can recover for two weeks….and then I can go to Dance Mix before China!!! Yah!!! We’ll see what happens. Don’t want to get my hopes up just quite yet.

0 comments: