Wednesday, April 10, 2002

the trilly sounds of flutes ring day and night here. early in the morning, before i wake up (at 6:45 mind you), i can hear them practicing. during lunch hour. after work. right before bed. people are practicing the flute. they have group lessons once a week. they practice nightly with each other. they use normal student model flutes. me? i've played for three or four years. i have a really expensive silver flute. and i play like shit.



i will raise my child in a deprived environment so that they will learn to appreciate things. and they will be motivated to want to do things. like practice the flute. and learn how to dunk. not only does being here make me realize how lucky i am. but it makes me realize that i suck horribly as a flautist. but i have good flute lips. as my teacher told me. so i have good tone. yah.

0 comments: