Wednesday, April 17, 2002

how to write romantic poetry. the five minute primer.

step one: pick a physical feature. we'll go with hair. that seems popular. step two: pick a theme. we'll go with....water. step three: combine.

"your hair is like water."

stick in the word "love" somewhere.

"my love for your hair is like water."

take out the physical feature.

"my love for you is like water."

try to use bigger synonyms for your theme.

"my love for you is like that flowy clear stuff."

try to be romantic.

"my love for you is like a cascading waterfall."

stick in "infinite" and "everlasting"

"my infinite love for you is like an everlasting cascading waterfall."



simple! see? now you try! final helpful tips: try to be as vague as possible. use the biggest words possible. the thesaurus is your friend. and not an obscure dinosaur. don't bother using the right punctuation, it will all be interpreted as artistic freedom anyway. go forth and woo females. watch them swoon at your beautiful poetry. it's more effective than freaking them from the backside. trust me. unless you got real game. in which case, you probably don't need this.

0 comments: