Monday, April 15, 2002

I used to be always a "go with the gut" kind of person. My philosophy was that whatever i felt like at that moment, it was the right thing. No regrets. The gut (or the heart) must speak the truth right? Always trust that first instinct. As time has passed by however, i've decided to be completely the opposite. The gut is wrong. First instincts are like first impressions...often wrong. So now i try to rationalize and think everything out.

posted by The Wizard



Why did you start doing this in the first place?

posted by Tin Man



I dunno. It just seemed too roller coaster-y to be going with the gut all the time. Emotions swing way too much and you end up riding all sorts of highs and lows. I didn't like it. So i stopped.

posted by The Wizard



That easy hunh?

posted by Tin Man



Not quite that easy but yeah, i guess.

posted by The Wizard



So now you repress everything?

posted by Tin Man



I didn't say anything about repress. I just think everything through until things make sense and i know what to do. With a clear mind and a clear plan.

posted by The Wizard



So you will things away. That's repression.

posted by Tin Man



You're getting the wrong idea here. I just decided that thinking is more powerful than feeling. That's not repression is it?

posted by The Wizard



Actually, that might be denial. It's kind of hard to tell because I'm no psychiatrist and there's kind of a fuzzy line.

posted by Tin Man



I need some better amateur help. You're no good to me.

0 comments: