Thursday, April 4, 2002

I think I want to try to simplify life. Isn¡¯t that what growing up is all about? Priorities? Letting the dandruff drift away? The big sprawling lives that we lived in college and high school inevitably will have to be pared down into something more manageable. Friends, hobbies, interests and frivolous needs and desires will have to be scrutinized and jettisoned. Excess baggage needs to go.

posted by The Wizard



But then you¡¯ll be miserable. Without a big complicated sprawling lifestyle, you¡¯ll have nothing to distract you from the real issues of life. You¡¯ll actually have to think about things and deal with things. Instead of running around avoiding them. Plus, you¡¯ll be boring. One of those forty year olds who are constantly repeating ¡°I remember when I did that! I used to do that! Blah blah blah.¡±

posted by Tin Man



Well, I think that maybe I can be happier that way. My inner beam of light needs to become focused, like an intense laser, capable of reaching places and cutting through things.

posted by The Wizard



That¡¯s the worst analogy I¡¯ve ever heard of. ¡°My inner beam of light?¡± WTF?

posted by Tin Man



You¡¯re just jealous because you aren¡¯t a beam of light. Or a ray of sunshine.

0 comments: