Tuesday, June 22, 2004

i think my ten year high school reunion is approaching. and when i say approaching i mean it's two years away. and when i say it's two years away i mean it's right around the corner. and when i say it's right around the corner i mean i better do something with my ass aside from blogging. "so jon, what have you done since high school?" "well, i went to college, dropped out of college, finished college and in-between did some other stuff. and now i'm back in san diego doing not much. oops, you just dropped your baby. and your husband is outside waiting for you in the mercedes, i understand, we'll have to talk later. stay in touch okay?"



i'm sending george into our high school reunion. i mean, she'll enjoy something like that. i'll lend her my digital camera and a notebook. then she will return to regale me with stories. what i really want to do is go back to school and DDT with my old high school buddies. actually, i just established previously that i had no high school buddies. so i guess i just want to go back there and DDT. with whom you ask? with my high school crush for one. i want to know if i ever had a chance. "jon who?" okay, maybe not. what i want to do is find out how people's perceptions of me were. i don't think i've changed much, but i must of somewhere, because any of the things you might say about me now are totally not something high school folks would've say about me then.



i want to know if the popular kids remained popular or they suffered from the small fish in a big pond experience of college. i want to know who failed out of school and who didn't. i want to know if joelle really bought her way into stanford or if that was just a rumor. i want to know who got married to who. i want to know who was drinking and drugging it up in high school. i want to know who died. i want to know who does what and who lives where. i want to know basically, what is going on with this group of people that i have no tangible memories of. my high school experience is totally lost to me. i don't know what kind of impact they had on me or me on them. would i get along with anybody from high school now? would i connect with anyone? now that i've become social and aware? or would i leave a ten year reunion feeling the same way i did when i entered it: alone and wondering.



i want to know if i'm good enough to play basketball with the guys from my old team. or if i'm still supposed to be sitting on the bench.

0 comments: