Monday, January 21, 2002

Yeah, England loves me. On Friday, the one day i've been anywhere but at home or at work, my car got broken into and my computer bag taken (sans computer). We were at a restaurant (kind of like a nicer TGIFs) for a co-worker's birthday and then i drove home thinking the rear window was down. Instead, i realized upon arrival that there was no rear window (i drive kind of a two door station wagon/ hatchback). The hooligans took the whole window off, rubber and all. I didn't even realize they took my bag until it started raining and i was removing everything out of the car. Yeah, did i mention it started raining? And so Trevor went off to look for the bag and the glass and i taped up the hole with a trash bag. I got to talk to the local cop though on the phone and it was weird because the officer i talked to was exactly one month younger than me (that means he's exactly one year younger than you too George!) and his family is in California and he used to live in Michigan and New York but is now in England (but he's going to visit NYC this Friday). Hum......



Anyhow, i no longer have any desire to go anywhere and even though there wasn't much in my bag, i did lose my favorite scarf and my white beenie. Not to mention the bag itself. Now my laptop will be naked and defenseless. It's almost embarassing. All this time in New York and nothing bad happens and within two weeks in the middle of nowhere and i already got hooliganized. Dirty country.

0 comments: