Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Travel is fun...you get to experience and do things you've never done before. You know, like taking a breathalyzer test. Last night I take a wrong turn on the way home and i think, "I don't want to get lost, let's just turn here." Beautifully executed, I three-point turn with aplomb, reversing and forwarding like i was born to do this. Sadly, the car coming up was an English keeper of the peace so i was made to pull over. In my excitement at this fortuitous course of events, i pulled over to the right side of the road. Party foul.



I'm thinking that i'm a dead man for sure. Instead, the officers come over, look over my car and nicely converse with me as i stand outside trying to sound as American as possible. After telling me that he didn't want me to kill myself he decided to let me go because i seemed like "a good bloke with his head on." They did make me take a breathalyzer though and i was freaked out for a second that maybe it would come out positive and completely ruin my life. Cops are fun. Yay.

0 comments: