Monday, January 28, 2002

Watched Vanilla Sky yesterday with Becca and her friends (and i drove all the way there and back too *clap*clap*). So basically yesterday was the most exciting day i've had here in three weeks. It was the strangest feeling to be sitting in a huge multiplex surrounded not by fields and grass by an actual asphault parking lot. I felt like i was at home, with everyone else just watching a movie. I had to shake that feeling driving home but i couldn't and for like an hour i just kept on thinking, "Whoa...i'm in San Diego". Ha. English guys definitely have a look....weak chins? I dunno what it is. The girls look the same though. Teenagers look the same too, all trying to look older than they are and cooler than they are. Big pants everywhere. Plus i was the only non-white person for miles i'm sure. Strangeness. But the movie wasn't as bad as i feared and it was actually decently good.



I was supposed to go out this past Friday for a friendly tour of the bars but my co-worker's mate starting taking anti-biotics so we postponed it till a later date. Truth to tell, i could really care less about going out at all but we'll see what happens.



I'm off to London for the next week, to learn about the retail side of the business. A one hour commute each way and a short ride on the Tuuuube. Joy. I shoulda brought my I-Zone but i bought a disposable camera so that i'll at least have some photographic evidence of my visit here.

0 comments: