Tuesday, January 15, 2002

I'm reminded again of how good the McDonald's in Europe is. They have the fried apple pies which are worlds better than the wimpy baked ones we get in the US. The filet-o-fishes and the chicken patties are so much fresher and crispier. The buns actually have some plushiness to them. McDonald's food is probably the one thing i would prefer in Europe over anything in the US. Then again, i knew that after 28 days trapezing around the continent last time.



Had my first official manual driving lesson today. I didn't stall, grind, or break anything. I was quite good actually. I have to think way too much but it wasn't horrible. I'm not comfortable at all yet but i think maybe i can get there with some practice. I think all those times playing Gran Turismo helped. Ha. Actually, i had an unofficial lesson on Saturday with Trevor and i pretty much killed his Saab. But now i'm not so bad. Listen up James and Vic, i want your cars next. If you let Conehead and Anna drive i better get a turn.



Anyhow, at work i'm pretty much bored as hell. I look at flutes all day and try to physically give them the once over. After 25 or so i'm going outta my mind. I think i'm gonna have to be a bit more proactive and demand some more challenging tasks. The workshop is really busy though so nobody really has much time to spend tutoring me. Adding to the boredom is the music that is played. They have one channel that plays some popular stuff but generally the radio is set on this older channel, kind of like adult pop stuff from the 80s or something. It is killer. I can't use my walkman either b/c my batteries will die too fast. Boy, i complain like a b£$!&.

0 comments: