Friday, January 18, 2002

I feel so restrained having to be polite and nice all the time. It's been such a given that i can just be however i want in any situation. Now that i'm here, away from everyone, representing myself as a businessman (sort of) i feel fake. I'm extra polite, i try to smile all the time, my speech patterns go into a whole different mode and i have to watch my actions. In effect, i feel incredibly boring and withheld.

posted by The Wizard



You are boring. The difference is now that you are boring without any character. Your pants are tapered, your earrings are gone, your smile looks ridiculous....

posted by Tin Man



I hate this. I haven't been able to talk normally in two weeks. Is this how it feels to be working? To be hanging out with older people all the time and try not to offend them? This sucks. Then again, some of these "older" people are incredibly immature. They still throw stuff all over the place, make fun of each other...all that stuff. So maybe there's hope yet.

posted by The Wizard



Maybe you should just let go and stop pretending to be mature.

posted by Tin Man



I can't. I have to be collected and calm and use proper grammar. I can't let them know that inside all i want to be doing is as little as possible.

posted by The Wizard



So basically you want to be doing what you've done your whole life?

posted by Tin Man



Yeah, basically.

0 comments: