Wednesday, July 3, 2002

i got yelled at by the lunch lady today. i had too much rice and food left on my silver cafeteria tray. i didn't realize that that was what the lunch lady stood by the dumping area for. to yell at ignorant foreign kids (wait, i guess i'm not a kid anymore). she was trying to shame me into taking less rice next time. she said "mister, look at how much food you wasted, don't you feel bad?" i wanted to cut her down to size with a witty retort like "oh...oh yeah!?!" but that didn't translate fast enough in my head from english to mandarin. plus, my salesmen friends were laughing. i'm not sure what was more embarassing, not knowing what to say at the crucial moment or leaving too much rice on my plate. next time i'll just starve. damn cheap-o chinese people.

0 comments: