Thursday, December 4, 2003

the answer lies somewhere in there. it isn't about the guys no more. it's all about me.



so i talked to my people, surrounded myself with words from good friends. and by suggestion of rey, today i went to build a bear workshop for the first time and made myself a lion. i stuffed her with eleven brave hearts cause eleven is my lucky number and i wanted to make sure she'd survive through all the mending every time she got her heart broken. i wanted to make sure she still had enough hearts to love the folks who deserved it, even while a few of her hearts could be recuperating. i dressed her up in a blue cheerleader outfit cause blue's my favorite color and i needed a tangible cheerleader i could take around everywhere i went. and i gave her some shell toes to keep it old school. the cheerleader accessories say BABW all over them so i'm making them stand for the following: be a brave woman, be a beautiful woman, be a badass woman, and build a beautiful world.



i gave her two names: malaya to honor my tattoo which means "free," and soledad to honor my grandmother which happens to mean "solitude."

-girlsareweird.com-

0 comments: