Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Do you think jealousy's a bad thing?

posted by The Wizard



Of course. Jealousy's terrible. It's the evil green eyed monster. If jealousy wasn't bad, it would be the pink fluffy bunny.

posted by Tin Man



You're dumb. Well. That much is obvious. Do you think jealousy can be good though? I mean, when someone is jealous over you, doesn't that make you feel a little elated?

posted by The Wizard



Jealousy is a sign of insecurity and possession. That's not good. To me, being jealous is assuming that someone is yours, and that their actions have to be filtered through you first. I'm not for that. I mean, it's cute when someone gets jealous over you. Because you know they care, but I would rather have them express that care in other ways. Besides, jealousy just ruins things.

posted by Tin Man



I think it might be possible to have jealousy without insecurity. I mean, you can be a tiny bit jealous over something, even though you are secure in your relationship. Jealousy is only bad when the actions stemming from it are harmful.

posted by The Wizard



Like fights and arguments and yelling. Those are bad. I still think it's possible to eliminate all jealousy however. Or to feel it and then deal with it immediately.

posted by Tin Man



What about the oft cited argument that if you love something enough, you'll want to be protective of it, and thus jealous?

posted by The Wizard



I think that's bull. If you love it, you'll set it free.

posted by Tin Man



What happens if you set it free and it walks out?

posted by The Wizard



You cry and sob and drink alot.

posted by Tin Man



Oh.

0 comments: