Wednesday, August 8, 2001

George just called me to inform me that our high school class is getting together for its five year reunion. She filled me in on some of the rumors going around about who's doing what and who looks better, who looks worse. Some people are getting married, some are going to graduate school, some are just lost to the world. It's weird because while i do have a semi-curiousity about what happened to people, i could really care less. There are certain people i wonder if i would get along with better now but at the same time that is just a fleeting thought. High school for me was really different and by the time senior year rolled around, i detached from it completely. I know George might have gone to the reunion (it's on the 25th of August so we'll both be here in New York) but i don't think i ever would of. I used to say that i would like to peek quickly into the room and then leave but at this point, my curiosity is only kept alive by George's wonderings and information.



I have to say though that the girl who is calling everyone from our class, Molly, must be commended for her ability to reach out and contact everyone after all these years. That seems like a pretty impressive undertaking to me.

0 comments: