Wednesday, August 16, 2006

hold me closer tony danza. when i used to play house with my sister and our family friends (all females), it never occurred to me that playing imaginary house would last well into my late twenties -- and probably early thirties. it's disheartening that the most home related thing i own is a toaster. a toaster that wasn't even purchased by me but gifted by an ex-roommate. i own no couches, beds, dressers, microwaves, mini-fridges, shelves, permanent boxes, or anything of the sort. it's borderline pathetic, to be 27 and having only a toaster to your name. it does make moving easier but it's not so good on the soul.

was this an option when we were young? to be 27 and furniture-less? shouldn't we have moved away from ikea by now? isn't this about the time when we should be shunning (free) off the streets furniture to shop at west elm or slighter higher end furniture stores?

i just bought a $19.99 shower head today and i thought that was a big purchase. i also just installed said shower head using some brute strength (and a wrench thingy). i thought that was pretty manly of me.

0 comments: