Saturday, June 11, 2005

i got 101 dalmations but a bitch ain't one. it's not often a pink clad book with images of girls in various states of repose captures my attention. but this book, about girlfriends, present and ex, is awesome. it looks like a chick lit book on the outside, but as is the case with most chicks, looks can be deceiving. the book is a collection of relationship stories, all written by a man in exactly 101 words. it's amazing. here's a sample while i go off to compose my own 101 words.
"my girlfriend left me, and i started crying in my sleep. my nightly lament became so loud that my neighbors called the police. the press found out, and people came to stand outside my house to hear me call her name and moan. television crews arrived, and soon a search was on to find the object of my misery. they tracked her to her new boyfriend's house. i watched the coverage. people were saying they had expected her to be much more beautiful than she was, and that i should pull myself together and stop crying over such an ordinary girl."
-anthropology, 101 true love stories-

0 comments: