Friday, May 12, 2006

when we watched the movie dodgeball in the theatres, one of the funny phrases in the film was "salacious sixteen." it was one of those moments that you know is supposed to be funny, and so i obligingly laughed. of course, i had no firm grasp of what the word "salacious" meant. i looked it up at home later and it turned out to be rightfully funny. why i did this, pretend to myself that i knew enough about the word "salacious" to laugh at, is beyond me. but i find myself doing this all the time. laughing and then wondering "wait, what am i laughing about exactly? whatever, keep laughing." i can't decide in these instances if i'm trying to fool myself or the people around me. other people do this all the time too though. so maybe we're not trying to fool anyone. and big words just make people laugh.

0 comments: