Tuesday, March 8, 2005

the star of the show has arrived. march fifth, 9:02pm, shanghai china. the package takes off and makes its way to narita-shi, japan. on the same calender day it arrives halfway around the world in indianapolis, indiana. there it sits for thirty some odd hours. i've never been so interested in anything in indianapolis. this morning, at 6:04am my precious finally arrives in san diego. three hours later (9:19am) it arrives on the doorstep of lilly's apartment. i'm not sure if she's picked it up for safekeeping yet. but the main point to remember is that around this time i'm just getting into work, for at least fourteen hours, if not longer.

when will i finally get to see my treasured twelve inch ibook? i have no idea. i have overtime today and tomorrow. i had hoped to time the delivery just right so that the ibook would come near the end of the week, giving me time to play with it immediately. but due to the whims of the malicious apple gods it arrived today, and not last friday. the pain of not being able to touch it right now is excruciating.

maybe i shouldn't be calling it an "it." that might make him/her not feel at home. but i'm not sure i'm a namer of inanimate objects. i don't name my cars, my instruments, my electronics, my computers. maybe i should, just this once. really, you know, live a little.

i'm a mac man baby. why don't you love me.

0 comments: